[SPL News] SPL says Thank You
Amigo’s and Amiga’s,
The good thing about the SPL players is that they all love soccer. Whenever you organize a soccer event you are sure they will come. The Santa Cup 2011 saw 12 teams with players from all over the world battling for the glory. Each team played 8 games on the day and at the end were split in two groups of 6.
The Plate Group was fighting for the 30 Liter Free Beer kindly provided by the Shanghai Rugby and Football Club. It was a close race as the Hawks almost got it but fell short by one point only ! Japan won it with 13 points out of 5 games god bless they had a team bus driving them back !
Final ranking Keg Cup :
- Super 48
- Super Japan
The Santa Cup Group’s winner was decided in the final game. It became an interesting story perfectly put into scenario by Steve the manager of the Hard Days Night. Friday before the start of the Santa Cup he was spreading around emails that he hardly had a team and on the day of the Cup he claimed half of his team was stuck in Puxi and asked for postponement. Meanwhile Mus the oldest Lion around was snatched as goalie after paying him an undefined amount of money. So the final result they played 8 games and conceded only one goal (a penalty) with only 8 players and became the Santa Cup winners 2011 ! Great story and well done to them !
Final ranking Santa Cup :
- Hard Days Night
- Sino Ball
- Pistolera Bulls
You will get a CD with all the pictures of the Cup and we are already working on the Santa Cup 2012 organization !
Now its time to say goodbye to 2011 and we don’t do that before we say a big THANK YOU to all the people who have made 2011 a roaring success for the SPL !
- The players / You are the SPL !
- The referees each and every week they are performing / Lots of respect !
- Kevin / Most passionate referee I ever met !
- The Captains and Team managers / Without Captains and Team Managers there is no SPL !
- The Grass-master Adam and his team / Brilliant knowledge about pitches !
- Dulwich School / Football loving school with the best facilities in Shanghai !
- Green City / Great place for foreigners to feel at home in Shanghai
- Shanghai Rugby and Football Club / We are happy to play there !
- Golden Bridge Company / Great supporter of the SPL !
- Latina / Perfect host for end of the season Parties !
- Wives and Girl Friends / For letting us play on Sundays !
- Yamada-san / For keeping the scores and making the schedule !
- Frederik / For being the creator and master of the SPL website !
We hope we can keep our SPL Spirit Strong in 2012 and wish everybody a healthy and prosperous 2012 !
See you all next year !
Freek – SPL President on behalf of the SPL Committee